As the driving force behind Illinois Video Gaming, we have already been successful in a number of areas, including the passing of the Illinois Video Gaming Act and defending lawsuits that could have potentially decimated the industry.
- To Inform: Legislators listen when they are informed by local business owners
- To Mobilize: There is power in numbers; more advocates equal more attention paid to our concerns
- To Address Potential Threats: Without the backing of a coalition, we will not have the resources to address threats from Springfield which could have a significant impact in your business:
- Tax and Fee Increases
- Video Surveillance for Age Control
- Expansion for Other Forms of Gaming (Casinos, Horse Race Tracks)
- Location Restrictions
- Write letters and make phone calls
- Get to know your policymakers
- Watch agendas for state and local action
- Mobilize for success – help us get people to meetings to advocate for the industry!